Our lawyers have extensive experience in and focus on advising entrepreneurs, directors, shareholders and small to medium sized businesses on issues that arise in the course of doing business. We are proud to say that our clients consider us an extension of their team and an integral part of their businesses. We take pride in the successes of our clients.
Our lawyers have extensive transactional experience, having negotiated and concluded numerous business sales, acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures.
A list of examples of some of our recent commercial law experience is below.
- Advised on and implemented the corporate restructure of an electrical engineering business.
- Advised on and documented secured private lending arrangements.
- Provided ASIC compliance advice to a web based finance and equity business.
- Advised on and documented the agreement for the exit of an equity partner in a furniture manufacturing business.
- Advised on and documented the agreement with respect to the acquisition of an IT business.
- Advised on the acquisition of a franchise in the health and fitness industry.
- Prepared a partnership agreement between the co-founders of an early stage learning app.
- Provided contract advice to the supplier of all temporary structures to the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Acted for the majority stakeholder in a joint acquisition of farm and related primary production business.
- Acted for the founder of a funds management group in the sale of his interests in the group.
- Negotiated and documented the terms of agreement for the separation of joint venturers in a property development project.
- Sale of a globally recognised whisky business and associated assets.
- The buy-back of a partner’s interest in a professional services firm.
- Sale of a retirement village business and associated assets.
- Sale of an island resort business and associated assets.
- Capital raising for a web based technology business.
- Capital raising for an innovative business in the pet food industry.
- A solar farm development joint venture.
- Acquisition of a majority interest in an engineering firm.
- Negotiated exit of a controlling shareholder from a web based technology business.
- Acquisition of a majority interest in a construction company.
- Negotiated exit of a 50% shareholder in an IT business.
- Distribution agreement for an exporter of fashion accessories.
- Distribution agreement for an exporter of whisky.
- Sale of a childcare business.
- Introduction of a new equity partner into a marketing and production business.
- Negotiated exit of a 50% shareholder in a real estate business.
- Negotiated exit of a financial investor in an IT security business.
- Securitization of significant funding provided to a North Queensland mine operator.
- Acquisition of a majority interest in a nationwide retail business.